There were a couple of tough matches for Menlopark to negotiate during the past week which didn’t go their way and sees them losing a bit of ground at the top of this week’s Girls Turftech Top 70 Rankngs.
However there were some impressive results from Rhenish which included a win over Menlo and this has helped them climb into the top ten region. It could have looked so much better for Rhenish who has been forced to settle for a drawn result in half their matches this year but wins against top opposition was always going to help their cause.
At this vital stage of the season we have a very tightly bunched top 20 with many teams still capable of mounting a challenge and moving further up the table.
Please be reminded that Meisieskool Oranje with be hosting their prestigious annual Super 12 U18 Girls Hockey Tournament this year.
The criteria to qualify to be invited will be applied by the Tournament Committee as follows:
- Official Rankings of SA Schoolsports Magazine (www.saschoolsports.co.za) will be used to invite teams.
- The official ranking date used will be as at 24:00 on 31 May 2018.
- To qualify a team has to play at least 15 games, of which the scores were submitted to SA School Sports Magazine. ([email protected] )
- The scores of ALL games played since 1 January 2019 MUST be submitted to SA School Sports Magazine, to qualify. Proof of such must be available on request.
- Only teams ranked no 1- 10 on the SA School Sports Magazine (www.saschoolsports.co.za ) ranking as mentioned above, automatically qualify to be invited. This is subject to all Tournament criteria being adhered to.
- Should any of the mentioned 10 teams not be able to participate, the 11th team etc. automatically qualify to be invited.
- The Tournament committee has the discretionary prerogative to invite any 2 other teams to participate in the tournament in the absolute discretion of the Tournament committee. No correspondence will be entered into regarding this aspect and will the decision be regarded as final.
- A team may only have a maximum of 16 players.
The 2019 tournament will be hosted from 7-10 August 2019. Please save the date and we are looking forward to a great tournament this year
|GIRL’S 1st HOCKEY RANKINGS 24 APRIL, 2019|
|RANK||TEAM||PLAYED||AVG BONUS PTS|
|3||ST MARYS KLOOF||22||3.64|
|7||ST MARYS WAVERLEY||13||3.42|
|11||PAARL GIRLS HIGH||11||3.23|
|35||CRAWFORD LA LUCIA||11||2.14|
|51||ST ANDREWS GIRLS||12||1.62|
|74||ST MARYS PRET||12||0.89|