U19 Water Polo Top Schools Tournament 2023
Rhenish Girls’ High School in Stellenbosch, Western Cape, has stepped up to host the first ever Top 12 Schools Girls’ U19 Water Polo Tournament in 2023.
As the oldest school for girls in South Africa and one of the top swimming schools in the Western Cape, it is fitting for Rhenish to host this ground breaking tournament for the top water polo girls’ schools in the country.
Nestled in the beautiful Stellenbosch Valley in the Western Cape, Rhenish Girls’ High School will be proud to welcome the top schools to their facilities. Completed in 2020 and then put ‘on ice’ for most of the pandemic, the beautiful facility is perfectly positioned to host such a tournament. The Mediterranean climate of the Western Cape is also well-suited for this tournament which will take place at the end of the water polo season, in the second week of March 2023.
Never before has there been a competition which pits the best against the best in the girls’ U19 school leagues on a National level. Who will claim top spot? Who will qualify for Top Schools tournament in 2023? The competition is strong in all age groups, but it promises to be a very interesting year with the inaugural U19 TOP SCHOOLS WATER POLO TOURNAMENT for Girls that will be hosted by Rhenish Girls’ High School.
Will your school team qualify to play in this prestigious tournament? Here are more details regarding this unique opportunity for the U19 teams:
What you need to do:
To qualify a team has to play at least 15 games.
Start sending all your game scores to the following email address:
What you need to know:
The Tournament Committee will apply the following criteria before inviting teams to the Tournament:
- The top 10 teams as per rankings on 26 February 2023 will be invited to compete in the Tournament.
- Official Rankings of SA School Sports Magazine ONLINE will be used to invite teams.
- The scores of ALL games played from 1 October 2022 must be submitted to SA School Sports Magazine to qualify. Proof of such must be available on request.
- Only teams ranked no. 1 – 10 on the SA School Sports Magazine ranking, as mentioned above, automatically qualify to be invited. This is subject to all Tournament criteria being adhered to.
- Should any of the mentioned 10 teams not be able to participate, the 11th or 12th team etc. automatically qualify to be invited.
- The Tournament Committee has the discretion to invite any 2 other teams to participate in the Tournament. No correspondence will be entered into regarding this aspect and their decision will be regarded as final.
- A team may have a maximum of 13 players.
Details of the Tournament are as follows:
Venue: Rhenish Girls’ High School
Dates: 10 – 11 March 2023 (arrive 9th and depart 12th)
9 March 2023 Opening Dinner
11 March 2023 Prize Giving and Closing Dinner
Contact: Sam Henery ([email protected]) or
Suzaan van Biljon ([email protected]) for any queries
All games to be hosted at the Rhenish Girls’ High School premises, Stellenbosch, Western Cape!
WE HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!