All 25 000 public and private school in South Africa will have an opportunity to compete in the Kay Motsepe Schools Cup with the winning schools of each province pocketing R100 000 and the overall winner of the Cup receiving R1 million with the runners-up netting R600 000.
Is your school football team good enough to take on the best in South Africa? Register now to ensure your team has a chance in being crowned the SA School champion football team!
Here is how the registration process works:
- Manually let each player complete a registration form which should be returned to the coach with a copy of ID or birth certificate, colour ID photo and a parent’s signature on the registration form
- The coach or administrator should than register on the online system as the administrator for that school. Once registered as a coach/administrator you can then register all your players online;
- The completed forms should be taken to your LFA Schools Football Coordinator who is tasked with verifying the documents of the players;
- After the verification of the players by the LFA Schools Football Coordinator, players will either be “approved” or “pending”, due to outstanding documents or information;
- The whole process should take 48-72 hours to complete from the time the forms are submitted to the LFA Schools coordinator;
- The LFA Schools Coordinator closer to you will confirm the Fixtures once teams have been registered.
- The website is www.safa.net
Should any school require assistance with entering player information in the online system due to lack of technology assets or expertise, the forms can be posted or delivered at the LFA offices in your area. The registrations is for U13(Milo),U15, U17 and U19(Kay Motsepe Schools Cup). Participation in any Schools Football activity will require all players to be registered online.